B96 Late 90's 5 O'Clock Traffic Jam mix

The bible archive of mixes from all years recorded on Chicagoland radio including B96, Dance Factory, The BMX Four, i101, Kiss FM, and more.
araman0

B96 Late 90's 5 O'Clock Traffic Jam mix

Post by araman0 »

Hey everyone, I just discovered this site and am excited to go through the old mix archives from my favorite city's radio stations!

I have an old B96 5 O'clock Traffic Jam that I recorded that I can share with this group. I grew up in Milwaukee, and every few months my Dad would drive me down to Indiana so I could tag along with him on his business trips. My favorite part about this by far was being able to catch the B96 5 O'Clock traffic jam driving down 94 through Chicago and having a dance party in the car. The more traffic there was, the better since it meant I got to listen to more of the mix before the station faded away in Indiana. To this day I still get nostalgic when stuck in a traffic jam (now in Seattle). On one of these drives sometime in '96 or '97 I brought along a battery-powered radio/tape player and used it to record the Traffic Jam mix. The quality is pretty decent considering, and there are references by the pre-recorded DJ voice messages to "B96 broadcasting from the top of the world's tallest building" within the mix.

Anyway I have a mix to share with everyone. It's around 47MB. What's the best method to do so here?
classicb96
Site Admin

Re: B96 Late 90's 5 O'Clock Traffic Jam mix

Post by classicb96 »

Hi there! Wow - the Traffic Jam's were my favorites. Can you use MediaFire?

Also - do you know the year it was recorded?

Thanks so much for sharing.
Long live Chicago radio. For DJ Equipment, CD's, Tapes, and more, visit: [External Link Removed for Guests].